The Cole College and Career Fair is a half day opportunity for students to explore professions and colleges of interest during the school day. In a conference-style setting students speak to experts from the field on career pathways to help them make better choices in planning for their futures. Parents are welcomed to attend as well. School representatives and JBSA Adopt-a-School partners collaborate to gather community members to provide the most engaging event possible.
We hope you are as excited as we are about our upcoming fair Thursday, October 5, 2017!
- The College and Career Fair Program is posted below as an attachment for students and parents to review.
- NEW THIS YEAR: Every student has an assigned time to go to the computer lab during a session to complete a Career Survey.
- NEW THIS YEAR: Seniors will attend 4 seminars specifically created to be meaningful to their College, Career and Military Readiness. Seniors should be notified to bring their Chromebooks with them.
Middle School Specific Information
- At 8:25 middle school students and teachers will report to their assigned classroom. Teachers will take attendance and verify their plan for the day. In that same location, the first presentation session will begin at 8:49.
- From 8:49-12:03 middle school students will stay with the assigned teachers as they move from session to session.
- At 12:07 students and teachers will report back to their original classroom assigned on the College and Career Fair document.
High School Specific Information
- At 8:20 high school students and teachers will report to their 1st period classes. Dr. Clayton will make welcoming announcements at that time. Teachers will take attendance and provide each freshman, sophomore and junior a passport with their name on it.
- From 8:49 to 12:03 seniors will rotate through four sessions upstairs in the high school building.
- From 8:49 to 12:30 freshman, sophomores and juniors will elect presentations or representatives to visit in six sessions. Students may not participate in the same presentation or area more than once.
- At 12:03 students and teachers will report again to their 1st period classes for closing activities. Please have the students complete the engagement survey.
- At 12:25 students ordering sack lunches may go pick up their lunches.
Thank you all so much for you being supportive of this event. It is truly a great opportunity for our students.