It is my pleasure to serve as the Assistant Principal at Robert G. Cole High School and I look forward to an exciting and enriching year. I have been employed by the Fort Sam Houston Independent School District for 24 years and have worked as a 6th and 8th grade science teacher, as well as an assistant varsity football and head varsity track coach. This is my seventh year as an administrator for the district and I look forward to many more.
One of the things I feel most strongly about is the need for the faculty to build relationships with the students. I strive to create positive interactions daily, and let the students know I care about them. In doing this, I also communicate my high expectations, with both academics and behavior. The students are more motivated to succeed when they care about the person they are working with and believe that person also cares about them. Through positive interaction with the administration, faculty, and parents, each student can achieve success, have respect for others, and gain the skills necessary to become productive members of society.
Bachelors of Arts Texas State University
Texas Secondary Teacher Certification 1994 / University of Texas at San Antonio
Masters of Education / Texas Wesleyan University
* 1 Year Geography Teacher Holmes High School, NISD, San Antonio, TX
* 2 Years 7th & 8th Grade Science Teacher / Coach / McCauliffe Middle School, SWISD, San Antonio, TX
* 17 Years 6th & 8th Grade Science Teacher / Varsity Football / Varsity Track Coach / Cole Middle School, FSHISD, San Antonio, TX
* 2013 - 2019 Assistant Principal / Cole Middle School / FSHISD, San Antonio, TX
* 2019 - Present Assistant Principal / Cole High School / FSHISD, San Antonio, TX