Welcome to Journalism and Photography!
COULDN'T GET INTO A PHOTOGRAPHY CLASS??? FLEX IT!
Check your flex schedule options for "FOCUS ON PHOTO" classes to learn photography, Photoshop, and Lightroom. These flex classes are specifically designed for students who are not in the photography classes, but want to learn more about different types of photography, photo editing, and photo illustration.
Commercial Photography and Printing and Imaging are Career and Technology courses in the Business and Industry endorsement track. AP Studio Art - Photography is a fine arts elective with an advanced placement portfolio test in May. These courses are designed to challenge you to rise to your academic and creative potential. Class content is based on journalistic and artistic principles with emphasis on real world application including publishing work, participating in contests and galleries, and commercial photography opportunities.
What We Do:
- Local, state, and national photography contests
- Design and publish Sixty Two, Cole's newsmagazine
- UIL journalism contests
- Field trips and photo shoots
- Dedicated gallery exhibit at the Fort Sam Houston Museum in the Quadrangle
- Picture Your World contest and city-wide exhibit
- Commercial and model photography
- ATPI Winter Conference (Austin or Dallas)
- UIL Summer Workshop (UT Austin)
- Photo blogs
What You Get:
- Writing, editing, layout and design skills
- Photography education with industry standard software and equipment
- Online publishing experience
- Time management skills
- Commercial photography opportunities
- Contests and travel
- Student leadership
Seniors -- Don't forget to complete your bio form for the yearbook. Join the Seniors google classroom for info, links, and more. Use the code: aww3c6
Yearbooks On Sale
Don't miss your chance to order a Cole High School yearbook before prices go up for 2016. Books can be purchased in the HS or MS office or online at www.yearbookforever.com.